Friday, March 8, 2013

China Glaze's Rare & Radiant

As I had mentioned in my last post, I had been so impressed by Deviantly Daring from China Glaze's Bohemian Luster collection than I went and ordered a second color the day after applying the color - And here it is!






China Glaze's dupe of Channel's Perdot (or OPI's Spotted The Lizard) - Rare & Radiant.

I do find it somewhat amusing that a color that seems to be a dupe of a dupe has the word "rare" in it's name. though this sucker is definitely radiant! I could actually see my (somewhat distorted) reflection in my nails while I sat and waited for the layers to dry! The only reason I applied topcoat at all was to make sure this wonderful color lasted. I wish I had thought to take pictures before applying top coat. Oh well -.-

More pictures after the jump!











  
Base Coat: Essie  All In One Base

Topcoat: INM   Out The Door

 Rare & Radiant is a gold-to-green with moments of antique brown duochrome that constantly shifts colors as one's hand moves. The green in this polish is beautiful, but unfortunately very difficult to capture on camera. This is a polish that really must be seen in real life to really appreciate.

While the color did apply a little brush strokey (egads there has got to be a better word than "strokey"!) it was actually easier to apply than Deviantly Daring, though a touch less opaque. It built up nicely, though. Above is three thin coats, though I'd have gotten away with two (were it not for meddling kids) if I hadn't smudged my ring finger -.-'

The color lasted strong a good five days with only a little chipping to where I'd wrapped my tips, and would have lasted longer if I hadn't had been so eager to try out a new product I had gotten my hands on - Which I will be sharing in my next post!

Although Rare & Radiant is a wonderful color that keeps you looking at it again and again (My father complimented my nails for the first time ever while I had this on!), I've seen so many dupes brought to us via other nail blogs that I hardly find it...Um....Rare? But considering both of it's other sisters are A. parts of limited editions themselves and B. more expensive, Rare & Radiant is certainly not unwelcome at all. Especially for those whom are like me and hadn't picked up either of it's twins. I actually passed up OPI's Spotted The Lizard a while back >.<! I blame Wal*Mart's Salon florescent lighting.


'Til next time!

-
Nerdy

3 comments:

  1. I have this polish, I bought it along with the rest of this collection on clearance at Sally's, but I have never used it!! I should probably change that. Maybe I'll whip it out for St. Patrick's Day. That wouldn't be the worst idea ever. It looks really pretty on your nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be a GLORIOUS St. Patrick's Day manicure! Maybe add some green glitter in a French manicure line? Green ombré with a dark base and Rare&Radiant making its way along the nail? So many options, so few holidays xD

    ReplyDelete