Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Hard Candy - Beetle

Hello out there, Internet people :-)

Back again with another review of a polish. Up for love (and I do mean love) this time is Hard Candy's Beetle!


(Sorry for the messy cuticles, the glitter in the polish decided to play peek-a-boo with the clean up brush!)






Pictures do not do this polish justice one tiddly-bit. I had originally went to the Hard Candy section of Wal*Mart's makeup department looking for another color (Envy), which wasn't to be found. However this caught my eye and as I picked the bottle up I saw the colors transition. Happy to have found a duochrome (and for so cheap!) I brought it home, only to find out Beetle is not a duochrome...It's a tripplechrome! I don't care if that's not a real term, it should be.

Beetle color-shifts at the drop of a hat in the light. I sometimes think if you look at it too hard it'll flash a different color. It goes from a lovely gold, to a brilliant shade of green, to a vibrant purple. Indoors it mainly sticks with gold with the occasional flash of it's other two colors. And oooh the glitter. Have I ever mentioned I love shimmer colors? The more shimmer and sparkle the better. Beetle is a sparkleaholic's best friend, and removes oh so easily. (At least it did for me, although I tend to remove my polish with pure acetone which is stronger than a drunk Jedi.)

More pictures after the jump!












Base Coat: Seche Natural

Topcoat: INM   Out The Door

Beetle was rather easy to apply, though I thought I had managed to clean up the few mistakes I did make up until I saw all the glitter waving hello after I had put the pictures into Photoshop -.-'  The formula is a little on the thin side, but built up nicely. Above is three thin coats.

Overall I think Beetle may just be my favorite Duochrome yet. This was my first purchase of Hard Candy's nail polishes, and I doubt it'll be my last with Beetle as a first impression.

'Til next time!

-
Nerdy

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if my Walmart has HC polishes. I never go to Walmart, but I'd make a trip to get this polish! I have seen this around for quite some time and always love it, but don't have it. :( Since it's at Walmart, I'm sure it's cheap so I'd like to give it a go! Thanks for reminding me. It's really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is a Wal*Mart Supercenter, but I'm pretty sure the smaller Walmart's would carry it, too, seeing as how Hard Candy seems to be a Wal*Mart brand these days?

      I think my bottle was in the four dollars and fifty cent range? Cheap, ecspecially considering all the colors it turns xD good luck finding a bottle!

      Delete