Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Manicure with Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet

About a week and a half ago the weather here in Arizona started warming up (which is a bit of a joke as we're warm here all year 'round, but when you live here for a while you get acclimated to our brand of hot and 'cold'), which reminded me that we were due for spring soon. As result I wound up deciding to try my hand at a pastel creme manicure. Thing is? I own no pastels, nor do I own any creams other than a black creme. I'm a shimmer girl after all :-) Luckily (I think) that day I found myself in Walgreens and decided to pick up a bottle of Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet.








My review and mani pics are after the jump!










 


Base Coat: Seche Natural
Top Coat: INM Out The Door

Apologies for the messy cleanup, just after I'd painted my nails I found myself busy with household chores and didn't have time to break out the ol' acetone and brush for a proper cleanup -.-'

Mint Sorbet is, as it's name suggests, an aqua leaning mint creme with zero shimmer but plenty of shine. I was reminded oddly of Easter eggs when I applied it. So I decided to Easter Egg it up a little more with some white dots (which were done with Sally Hansen Xtream Wear's White On.)

Unfortunately I think I got an old bottle as the formula was very thick and very goopy, and I actually had to remove my first attempt seeing as soon as my second layer began to dry (I had allowed five minutes between layers one and two, as well) I saw bubbles popping up EVERYWHERE. The second time around was much more successful, but still a little difficult to apply. Seeing as I own some other colors from the Xtream Wear line and have no such issues with them I don't think that this is the norm for this color, so I suspect that the bottle must have been an old one is all ;.;

The creme was nice, but not me, though I'll be able to use this color in other manicures (like a blue toned galaxy nail) just fine. If you'd like to try Mint Sorbet out, the Xtream Wear line can be found in just about any drug store in the land, though I notice color stocks differ from one store to another.

'Til Next Time!

-
Nerdy

2 comments:

  1. I only have the silver- Celeb City from this line of SH and it is thin at first but thickens up SUPER fast! If you're interested in using this again you might try adding a few drops of thinner, maybe it's kind of an old bottle. It does look a little thick on your nails. I like this color though actually and like what you did with the dots. Despite the annoying formula you made it look cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heee, thank you. I'm actually a big fan of trailing dots down the middle of solid colors when I wanna jazz something up and don't know how xD As far as formula goes: Adapt to survive!

    I need to grab myself a bottle of thinner actually. I've got two crackles that have gone dry on me and darnit, OPI, that sucks!

    ReplyDelete