Monday, March 18, 2013

Rimmel Kate Moss Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick in 111 (Kiss Of Life)

This post is full of firsts. My first lipstick review of my first matte lipstick. First fistity-first-first!

I've been seeing these lipsticks around for a while now and had always been a little curious about them. My preferred lipsticks are Maybelline's Color Sensational collection and Revlon's ColorBurst Lip Butters, so when I read 'Matte' on the display I was instantly intrigued and slightly wary as it was a step away from my norm. Finally after reading some positive reviews and seeing some interesting swatches, I decided to take the plunge.






Pretty tube, interesting name (And the only named color in the line that I saw.) So an A on packaging from me!

Swatch photo and review after the jump!



Ten minutes after application  (Indirect Sunlight)

Two Hours After Application (Florescent Lighting)

111 Kiss Of Life is a bright red. Not neon Nikki Minaj type red, but still noticeable. Slightly orange based, it's very much the color of an English Phone Box. I was slightly scared of it being too garish against my cool toned skin but I found it suited me quite well. Application was surprisingly easy, it went on very smoothly and was easy to correct with a cotton bud around the edges. If I hadn't wore a red there would have been no cleanup necessary. As it dried I hardly felt like I had anything on and had to resist the urge to check.

The day I decided to wear this (and take my swatch photos) was a day I had to make a grocery run. I took about ten minutes extra time to exfoliate my lips and moisturize as I'd read mattes can be drying. Then I slapped the color on right from the bullet, cleaned up the sides of my lips and ran. When I came home later I was surprised to see the color was still right in place with no bleeding or too obvious signs of fading. I waited a while before taking the two hour photo and as you can see there's only the slightest signs of fading and a little wear on the inside of my lips. I was impressed as I am hard on lipstick. I moosh my lips together often, lick my lips, smile and talk (some would say too much ^.~) and the day I wore this out it was no different. And this baby stayed on for two hours without reapplication before I finally took it off.

So I give this lipstick a thumbs up, I'm quite taken with it. I only wish there was a little more range to the line. As for the color, Kiss of Life, it's an easy red to wear if you're comfortable with reds. If not? Well give it a try anyway if you're wanting to try out a red. My first red (and favorite) was Maybelline's Red Revival and this is MUCH easier to wear.


'Til Next Time!

-
Nerdy

No comments:

Post a Comment