Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wet'N'Wild Fergie Collection - Glowstick

I was sorely tempted to call this post "An Unexpected Manicure," as that's precisely what it is. I woke up this morning and had the pudding scared out of me when I looked down and saw a full nail sized chunk of my Sakura Blossom manicure laying on the bed. After making sure my nail hadn't fell off (and noting some damage had been done to the poor nail) I realized it was time for a new manicure as I had to go out today and there was no way I was going out with one of my nails a grody mess. I had several mani's planned, though all of them required some time to do properly and I needed something done fast - That's when I realized I had a bottle of untried polish that was perfect for spring/summer/warm weather!
Cue the Angel's singing and break out the base coat!







Swatch and review after the jump!



 



  

 Base Coat: Seche Clear
 Top Coat: Pro FX Quick Dry High Gloss Top Coat


 Glowstick is from Wet'N'Wild's Fergie collection which was released some time last year. I'm not entirely sure if the Fergie Collection is part of Wet'N'Wilds core line, though it's been around for a while now. It applied very smoothly, opaqe in two coats with no issues of streaking or brush stroke'ing. If you notice a bit of a bald spot on my forefinger it's due to the fact I jabbed it with the brush of my topcoat and it's not the polish's fault. As Glowstick's name implies, it's a bright neon green with the smallest amount of gold shimmer that keeps it from being a cream and really adds to the 'glow' of this polish. I'm not normally one for obscenely bright colors but I actually rather like the effect Glowstick has on my nails. It's a very *~*~*Summer*~*~* color, bright and fun and overall happy.

The only issue I think people would have with this polish is, like many of Wet'N'Wild's nail varnishes, it employs a rather wide and flat brush:




For some people this is an instant turn-off as it can be a little clumsy and makes it quite easy to flood your cuticles if you're not careful. I, personally, like the wider brushes as it makes it easier to cover the nail in one stroke. Different (brush)strokes for different folks I guess, though the brush is worth noting.

Overall, Glowstick is a nice little polish and a lovely color for summer. It's a happy little unexpected manicure if I do say so myself :0)


'Til next time,
-
Nerdy




2 comments:

  1. That is weird that your nail polish came off in one giant chunk... I think I'd freak and think my nail must have fallen off as well! I have heard of that happening though with Seche Vite and other quick dry topcoats. Over the summer I did kids' nail and that always happened to them, it must just be some nail chemistry/ top coat reaction that happens for some people. This color looks pretty though and I'm glad to hear it's relatively opaque because for some reason I was imagining it would be a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think one thing is that as a manicure wears on with some the edges nearest the cuticles will pull up and start catching on things and act as a way for water to undermine the whole works. If I had thought to acetone the edge off with a brush it would have lasted longer ^^' I'm more irked at the damage that was left on my nail :-/ At least I had an excuse to try this color.

      I kind of admit I was wary. These bright colors just seem so thin and you expect them to take a thousand coats and eventually turn into the polish version of The Great Mighty Poo (YouTube it, it'll make sense I swear). It was a happy surprise when the second layer covered everything up xD on my right hand there's a touch of visible nail line but with nails the length of mine I kind of expect it ^^'

      Delete