Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pro FX Fast Dry High Gloss Topcoat

I thought I'd make a post about this topcoat I've had in my collection since Christmas. Normally I use INM Out The Door top coat for my swatches, but in all honesty I have every intention of removing my current mani in a couple of day's time and INM isn't exactly free. So I thought it'd be a good time to share with you the topcoat I use to keep my manicure's looking fresh throughout the week after taking my swatch photos:





Pro FX Fast Dry High Gloss Top Coat. For the longest time after receiving it as a Christmas present this was my go-to top coat, and I quite liked it. I've read a few reviews comparing it to Seche Vite, considering it's a thick, quick drying top coat. One of the differing factors is the value. See that big bottle? At Wal*Mart this baby qill run you four dollars and some change. And it does what it says it'll do. It dries very hard very quickly and shines like a Stephine Meyer vampire at the beach. I actually prefer this to Seche Vite as I've had some terrible experiences with Vite, namely my manicure coming off in nail sized chunks one day after application and more shrinkage than a Hobbit at Willy Wonka's factory.

Th only issue I've had with this is that when I first started using it I'd notice bubbles. Not a whole load of them, mind you, but it still bubbled. Hence why I use INM Out The Door for my swatching photos.  Some sort of an attempt to look as professional as I can ^^;

However, a short while ago I was reminded of the way you have to apply Seche Vite - In a thick bead and don't overwork. Considering the two are very similar in formula, I gave that a try with the Pro FX and viola! No bubbles! I wish some of the reviews I'd read in the beginning would have mentioned that ._.

So yes, I whole heartedly suggest  giving this top coat a try. For the quantity and the formula it really can't be beat, though yo do have to baby it a little. Don't shake it as it's very prone to forming bubbles in the bottle. For the same reason, don't dunk the brush into it too quickly. And apply thicker than you'll think you need to and don't overwork it. In other words - be careful and this top coat will be your best friend xD

The Pro FX brand can be found in Wal*Mart's nail care isle. They've got an entire range of nail products, from base coats, top coats and treatments. I have their Apricot Cuticle Oil and it works like a dream. And from what I've seen everything in their line ranges from four-fifty to five bucks for theses "salon size" bottles.

'Til next time!

-
Nerdy

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to ask my sister in law to grab me a bottle of this next time she goes to walmart!! I have been using Jessica Brilliance, but I wouldn't mind trying something else that maybe dries a little harder and is maybe a little thicker. And also- shinier than a stephenie meyer vampire at the beach? More shrinkage than a hobbit at the chocolate factory??? That was funny. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said it takes a bit of babying but it's pretty awesome once you get the hang of it, and for the price I'm willing to coddle it a bit xD

      Heh, I'm rather bad about making those jokes ^.^ As I write I try to sound natural while being descriptive, and even in day to day life I do that so it translates over into writing. I'm glad you find them funny! ^.^

      I wonder, though, if the Oompas would let so eyeing bad happen to a Hobbit?

      Delete
  2. Love the jokes,actually chuckled out loud here lol! As for the Pro FX Base and top coat,i did experience some bubbles and dullness but I think I wasn't too gentle when I was applying it but I gave it a go later when I read the reviews and wow! I have never used Seche Vite cuz we don't really get it here but this dry really fast and it was just diamond hard and shiny. Haven't had to pleasure to use Seche Vite to compare but this is awesome!! Just wish the formula wasn't so temperamental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LATER POST AFTER GETTING MY HANDS ON A SMALL BOTTLE OF SECHE VITE: I still love this top coat and I love how it doesn't go thick and gooey on you when it is about to finish like Seche Vite does. So shiny, its almost insane lol!
      Very good top coat and totally worth the price and more . Wish I could get my hands on another bottle as this was a by-chance buy and we don't get these kind of brands around here.

      Delete