Friday, August 23, 2013

Return of the Nerd - Delicate Manicure

HOO BOY! I've been absent from the nail scene for quite a while now haven't I? I apologize for the unofficial hiatus from blogging, it was quite unintentional, and I intend to be a good girl and blog more regularly from now on.

The good news is that in all the time I was gone I was painting and picture taking, so I have quite a few swatches and manis stored up! So without further adieu, here's a brand new manicure and how I did it!

(Note, this manicure was done a few months ago and I may be a little hazy on how I did this, though it's a simple process.)





This is a mixture of gradient and an attempt at a jelly sandwich that resulted in a sweet, delicate looking manicure. I could easily see this being used in a formal setting. What's fun is it's pretty easy to do! So click the jump to see more photos and a short tutorial on how I did it!



  • First I applied a base coat as I do with all manicures. Not only does a base coat help keep your natural nails safe and happy, but it will also help your manicure last longer. Who doesn't want that?
  • Next I put down a layer of Wet'n'Wild's Sugar Coat from their Megalast line. It's a soft, sheer pink that works as a nude for my (ghost) pale, cool undertoned skin. If you have a favorite nude that takes two or more coats to get opaque, feel free to opt for that instead.
  • After waiting for Sugar Coat to dry I took a white polish (Sally Hansen's White On) and a ripped up makeup sponge and did a bit of a gradient French Tip. Use the white to wrap your tips (the edge of your nail) as it will not only help the look appear more put together but also helps in that quest of keeping one's manicure perfect for as long as possible.
  • After White On dried I applied a layer of OPI's Pirouette My Whistle, which is that soft, snowflake like glitter you see.
  • Just for fun I added a layer of China Glaze's Fairy Dust but I don't think this step was needed as  Pirouette My Whistle wound up being good enough.
  • Applied another coat of Sugar Coat and waited for that to dry.
  • Top coat and done! Don't forget to wrap them tips!
 Reading that list it does seem like I put a lot of layers down, though the overall look was worth it  =^.^=




Base Coat: Seche Clear
Top Coat: INM Out The Door

So what do you guys think? Pretty? Bland? Would you do it? How would you put your own twist to it? Leave a compliment and lemme know :-)

'Til next time!,
-
Nerdy

No comments:

Post a Comment